Multi-Family Facilities Manager
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,137 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Under the supervision of the Director of Property Management, the Multi-family Facilities Manager performs a variety of functions vital to support the operations of each property and the corporate office.
This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines and to multi-task.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process by the Property Supervisor and Property Management Director. Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervision of work and performance of special trade and senior maintenance technicians.
• Approve special trade and Senior Maintenance Technician’s timesheets, vacation, overtime, and PTO.
• Coordinates weekly work schedule for the special trade and Senior Maintenance Technicians.
• Assist in the preparation for agency property inspections.
• Coordinate needed maintenance work in the corporate office.
• Responsible for recruiting new vendors for services. Obtain required insurance documents for Paladin’s approval.
• Negotiate vendor contracts and supervise vendor quality control.
• Conduct quarterly property safety inspections and writes a report of findings to correct and follow through for completed corrections.
• Conduct annual property inspections to assess capital needs prior to budget season.
• Prepare work specifications for the vendor bidding process.
• Track bids, negotiate costs, and submit bids for required approvals.
• Oversee special projects work for timely completion.
• Prepares annual redecoration schedules for each property.
• Ensures preventive maintenance work is scheduled and completed at properties.
• Provides technical training and support for Maintenance Technicians.
• In charge of maintaining an inventory database of stock and tools.
• In charge of monitoring asset control (tools and special equipment.)
• Work directly with the Asset Manager on special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Coordination of the use of reserves.
• Creates POs for approved capital improvements for Director’s & Asset Management approval.
• Provides and records monthly safety training to Maintenance Technicians and PM staff.
• Crosstrain Maintenance Technician staff among multiple trades/properties.
• Assist with maintenance emergencies at properties and corporate office.
• Ability to assist in maintenance tasks when property needs arise.
• Provides maintenance support to Maintenance Technician staff.
• Oversees Cal-OSHA safety requirements.
• Must Become OSHA Certified
• High School Diploma
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Minimum five (5) years of property maintenance experience required.
• Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Mission-driven work ethic and sense of urgency in responding to stakeholders.
• Knowledge of contract negotiations and understanding of service contracts.
• Familiar with maintenance work and trades, such as plumbing, painting, drywall, electrical, etc. to provide support and training to MT team members.
• Oral and written communication skills. Ability to prepare job specifications.
• Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills.
• Experience with spreadsheets or related software applications having to do with web-based scheduling usage is required.
• Computing skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software. Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Ability to work one-on-one and in groups. Ability to work independently and with self-direction.
• Meticulously detail-oriented, diligent, dependable, and accountable and a team player are required skills.
• Bilingual Spanish/English.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• OSHA certified a plus.
• Experience in nonprofit, property management or construction organizations preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to sufficient experience, training, and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A valid California driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
The incumbent of this position must be able to perform the following essential functions of this position:
• Stand and Walk 7-8 hours daily.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Climb ladders, bend, and crawl.
• Climb stairs within apartments.