Office Manager/HR Support
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,137 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Officer Manager/HR Admin performs a variety of administrative support duties including management of the phone system and greeting visitors. The Officer Manager/HR Admin is responsible for the general operation of the corporate office. Duties involve greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls, purchasing offices supplies, taking property inventory and ensuring maximum productivity. You will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
This position also requires clerical and administrative support to the HR Department, including the provision of support for the recruiting process (e.g. scheduling interviews, background screening, attending job and career fairs, as needed, and contacting selected candidates). Other essential functions include assisting with maintenance of job and personnel files, ensuring proper dispositioning of applicants and conducting the new hire orientation process and onboarding.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of this position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee and support administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
• Performs receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
• Handle inquiries from the public and provide general information
• Receive, sort and distribute all mail and deliveries, including management of outgoing mail
• Place orders and issue purchase order numbers for corporate office needs
• Coordinate vendor needs at corporate office
• Maintain phone list and other company wide documents and communicate updates to staff
• Assist in set-up and clean-up for meetings
• Run company errands on occasion and as requested
• Requires a great deal of discretion specifically when dealing with confidential information.
• Assist Executive Assistant and Administrative Assistants, as requested
• Assist the Manager of Human Resources with HR related administrative functions as needed.
• Responsible for the data in an effective Human Resources Information System to support CEDC goals and objectives
• Assists the HR Manager in securing and filing compliance documents pursuant to employment law and practices; compiles and collects data for state and federal agencies as needed
• Assists with talent acquisition, recruitment, training and development
• Assists the manager of human resources, administration and technology staff; collaborates with staff in a manner that provides continual personal development, growth and stresses internal customer service values with employees
• Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintenance calendars, conducting research and creating reports
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum of 3 years office /administrative work experience
• Fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written)
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Access, Excel, Word PowerPoint; as well as experience in managing social media
• Ability to operate various office machines
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
• Strong customer service and creative problem-solving experience
• Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost professionalism and discretion
• Excellent customer service and telephone skills
• Computer proficient in word processing, data entry and compilation of reports from data base
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with other staff
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
• Ability to work independently
• Information management and organization
• Housing development and/or Real Estate experience a plus
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to sufficient experience, training, and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above
LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.