Property Management Operations Assistant
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,237 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Under the supervision of the Director of Property Management, the PM Operations Assistant performs a variety of administrative support functions to PM, Compliance and Facilities/Maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and to multi-task. The person in this position performs a variety of support tasks which includes scheduling, YARDI data entry/extracting and preparation of reports, including YARDI reports, among other tasks to support business process improvements to maximize efficiencies in the PM Management Department. Primary duties of this position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Administrative responsibilities to support the Director of PM, Portfolio Property Supervisors, Compliance functions and the Facilities Project Manager.
• Track and logs all medical reasonable accommodations to ensure timely process and completion.
• Track and logs all resident complaints to confirm resolution and closure.
• Assist PM Director in the preparation of Board reports.
• Maintain a master calendar for audits and inspections.
• Track and monitor responses to Inspections and Audit reports.
• Update CEDC’s Rental Housing Portfolio list.
• Assist applicants with housing applications and provide property list.
• Assist with leasing activities, i.e. marketing, application packages, leasing logs, etc.
• Assist with the Spanish translation of non-legal documents and meeting materials.
• Assist to finalize service/vendor contracts.
• Assist in monitoring completion of annual unit inspections and redecoration schedules for properties.
• Assist in preparing materials for community presentations.
• Coordinates meetings and prepares meeting materials.
• Take minutes at PM staff meetings.
• Coordinates and schedules staff training for management and site staff.
• Purchases office supplies for the PM Dept. as needed.
• Prepare spread sheets for special projects.
• Set-up new vendors and maintain approved vendor list updated.
• Facilitates or assists with the purchase order process and make Purchase Orders upon request.
• Monitors compliance to property preventative maintenance schedule.
• Retrieve/gather invoices from vendors as needed for payment.
• Works on other special projects assigned by the Director of Property Management, Compliance, Regional Property Supervisors, and Facilities Project Manager.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor’s degree in management/finance or equivalent industry experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of provision of excellent customer services.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to compose letters and reports.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience with spreadsheets or related software applications having to do with web-based scheduling usage is required.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite required.
• Advanced Yardi experience required.
• Ability to work in a diverse setting (ex: one-on-one, in groups, independently) and with self-direction.
• Very well organized, meticulously detail‐oriented, diligent, dependable, and accountable and a team player are required skills.
• Bilingual Spanish/English. Must be able to read, speak and write fluently to translate documents.
PREFERED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Familiarity with Nonprofit, multi-funded organization desirable.
• Knowledge of low-income funding compliance conditions desirable.
• Sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income people and possess a commitment to affordable housing.
LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.