Edison International grant provides $10,000 to award to STEM majors
Applications are now available for the 2019 Rodney Fernandez Leadership Scholarship.
The Rodney Fernandez Leadership Scholarship Program, created in 2011, honors Rodney Fernandez, Cabrillo’s founder and Executive Director for 30 years (1981–2011). The Scholarship continues Fernandez’s legacy of community building by cultivating the leadership of residents to attain their goals, empower themselves and to take action and improve the quality of life in their communities.
The Scholarship will award a total of $13,000 to its recipients with $10,000, provided by an Edison International grant to be divided among STEM recipients and $3,000 among recipients of any major. The amount of each scholarship will be determined based on participation and qualifications.
• You must be a Ventura County resident.
• You must be a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) major if applying for the $10,000 in funds earmarked by Edison International for STEM scholarships.
• Applicants for the $3,000 can be enrolled in any major, including but not limited to: Business, Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, Education, etc.
• Your household income must be less than or equal to 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI) for Ventura County.
• You must currently be enrolled in and/or continuing college education, in the process of applying to an accredited institution, or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
• Applications must be completed, signed, and submitted with all the required attachments on or before 5 p.m. on FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019.
• The first priority for awards shall be granted to existing residents of Cabrillo properties.
Applications are available on at bit.ly/CEDCScholarship. For more information, contact Cabrillo’s Resident and Community Services Department at [email protected] with the subject RFL Scholarship, or call 805-659-3791.