Applications are now available for the 2018 Rodney Fernandez Leadership Scholarship.
The Rodney Fernandez Leadership Scholarship Program, created in 2011, honors the legacy of Rodney Fernandez, Cabrillo’s founder and Executive Director for 30 years (1981–2011). The Scholarship continues Fernandez’s legacy of community building by cultivating the leadership of residents to attain their goals, empower themselves and to take action and improve the quality of life in their communities.
The Scholarship will award a total of $12,500 to its recipients with $10,000, provided by an Edison International grant to be divided among STEM recipients and $2,500 among recipients of all majors. The amount of each scholarship will be determined based on participation and qualifications.
- Must be a Ventura County Resident
- Household income must be less than or equal to 80% AMI (Area Median Income, See application for more detail)
- Currently a senior in high school with a minimum 3.0 GPA or currently in the process of applying, enrolled in and/or continuing education in an accredited institution in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Applications must be completed, signed, and submitted with all the required attachments to be considered on or before 5 p.m. on FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2018.
How to submit application:
1. Deliver the completed packet to:
CEDC Main Office, 702 County Square Drive, Suite 200, Ventura, CA 93003
2. Mail your completed packet to:
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation
702 County Square Drive, Suite 200
Ventura, CA 93003
3. Email your completed packet to:
Subject: RFL Scholarship
For more information, please contact us at our Resident and Community Services Department:
(805) 672-2588 Or (805) 659-3791 Ext. 141 or [email protected].