Assistant Resident Manager
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,137 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
CEDC PROPERTY AND ASSET MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY
CEDC’s philosophy is that excellent property management is an essential part of its overall construction of affordable housing activities. CEDC provides a superior living environment for its residents. CEDC implements a team management approach to its work with particular coordination between its activities within its Property Management, Real Estate Development and Resident and Community Services Divisions.
CEDC seeks experienced, highly motivated, self-starters to assume a Resident Manager Assistant position in Ventura County, CA. This position will work under the direction of the resident manager of the property and the Portfolio Property Supervisor. The Property Management Director supervises the overall operations and staff within the Property Management Division. This is an off-site position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible to assist the resident manager on managerial responsibilities as directed.
• Clerical duties: Answering phones, filling, preparing resident notices.
• Receive and enter residential applications in Yardi.
• Update the waiting list by sending notices to applicants and coding the waiting list.
• Assist with the annual recertification process.
• Assist in the preparation of move-in files for compliance approval.
• Assist in conducting semi-annual apartment inspections and property inspections as needed.
• Prepare work orders from apartment inspections.
• Close out maintenance work orders
• Serve notices to residents as required.
• Interact with residents, applicants, vendors and management staff.
• Attend PM staff meetings as required.
• Other duties as assigned by the resident manager, property supervisor or the PM Director.
Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
• Experience with Yardi software is a plus.
• Experience in residential property management.
• Experience in customer service.
• Experience in office administration.
• Sufficient computer proficiency to produce correspondence, reports, flyers, etc.
• Familiarity with Fair Housing Laws and California Landlord and Tenant Law.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi task and detail orientated in a high pace working environment while maintaining a high quality customer service to the residents, vendors and owners/investors.