Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,137 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
The Bookkeeper will direct CEDC’s Predevelopment, and Development financial affairs as well as Property Management bookkeeping, and for the guidance of management, will prepare financial analyses of development. The Bookkeeper directly reports to the CFO. They must be hands-on in accounting and should be able to create and implement systems that will ensure audits and reports get out in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in the processing of CEDC and affiliates invoices, coding/inputting into accounting software system.
• Process checks with support back-up and approvals.
• Daily/weekly bank deposits.
• Monthly bank reconciliations.
• Assist in the processing of revenue receipts, coding/inputting into accounting software system
• Maintain accounting A/P files for all invoices and checks.
• Assist in the processing of the 1099s at year-end for vendors.
• Process development related A/P and A/R.
• Budget entering into accounting software system.
• Monthly division summary budget reports for Revenue and Expenses (detail GL if requested).
• Maintain CEDC financial files and all financial grant and loan agreements (with direction from CFO).
• Maintains department calendar of reporting requirements. Scans significant documents and transfers to department’s electronic files. Monitors certificate of insurance database to maintain compliance with contract requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of accounting experience
• Associate degree and 3 years of accounting experience
• High school diploma and 4 years of accounting experience
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Development or Construction accounting experience
• Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and Word.
• Yardi experience a plus.
• Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with groups both internal and external, and able to lead a project where needed.
• Proven capability to analyze complex problems.
• Strong analytical and accounting skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good business and financial judgment.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff in many departments, external financial professionals, and public officials.
• Experience with, or strong interest in, non-profit organizations and CEDC’s mission.
• Ability to work in fast moving, quickly changing environment.
• Ability to provide day-to-day support of assigned portfolio with minimum supervision.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Familiarity with nonprofit, multi-funded organization preferred.
LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.