Human Resources Manager
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,137 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Under direction from the CEO, the Human Resources Manager administers all Human Resource policies and programs and acts as strategic partner to senior management on HR related issues. This hands-on role directs all HR functions to provide effective support to departments and professional service to staff. The HR Manager will serve as a change agent within the organization and champion a Strategic Plan that will provide organizational-wide impact on: culture, performance management, communications, compensation, benefits, workers’ compensation, talent acquisition, policy design and overall enforcement of Company values, policies and procedures.
The Human Resources Manager is a key member of the Senior Management Team. This position supervises the Administrative Specialist and collaborates very closely with the Payroll Administrator, as well as the Board of Directors.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops effective Human Resources Information System to support CEDC goals and objectives.
• Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive organizational development plan including internal communication, succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, organizational structure, and performance management.
• Ensures compliance with employment practices; compiles and collects data from federal, state and local agencies as needed. Acts as an advisor to the board and senior management team.
• Directs talent acquisition, recruitment, training, and development.
• Provides leadership in establishing pay practices and administering cost-effective employee benefits.
• Manage human resources and administration staff; directs staff in a manner that provides continual personal development, growth and stresses internal customer service values with employees and other department managers.
• Annually reviews and makes recommendation to Executive Management for improvement of CEDC’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
• Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by CEO.
• Provides advice on employee conduct, performance issues and disciplinary matters.
• Solid understanding of Federal and California state labor laws including solid experience in managing FLSA, FMLA, CFRA, FFCRA, COBRA, EEO, ADA, ACA, workplace safety and W/C.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field required.
• Advanced degree or professional certification (PHR/SPHR) is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Bilingual – English/Spanish.
• Minimum of three (3) years of successful and progressive experience in human resource management, with at least one (1) year at Human Resources Supervision level. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources systems, including HR Best Practice and overall policy and process.
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, and conflict resolution.
• Must demonstrate high integrity, solid work ethics and commitment to CEDC’s Mission and Values.
• Experience in training, teaching, and/or public speaking; excellent communication skills, platform and program facilitation skills.
• Ability to manage projects, changing priorities, and stringent deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and counsel employees and executive-level management.
• Should be energetic and motivated and have the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Hands on experience in all HR functions.
• Broad knowledge and experience in organizational planning and development, employee relations, employment law, employee benefits, compensation, administration and operations.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain complex legal, personnel and administrative issues with clarity, tact and diplomacy.
• Mastery skill/knowledge of MS Office applications i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Advanced knowledge of HRIS Systems, including Paylocity.
• Excellent computer skills and essential knowledge of common PC applications.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including proven effectiveness in dispute resolution.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
• Can seamlessly pivot between self-sufficient leadership, in a team setting and dynamic collaboration in a fast paced environment, ideally a non-profit setting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to sufficient experience, training, and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.