Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
CEDC PROPERTY AND ASSET MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY
CEDC’s philosophy is that excellent property management is an essential part of its overall construction of affordable housing activities. CEDC provides a superior living environment for its residents. CEDC implements a team management approach to its work with particular coordination between its activities within its Property Management, Real Estate Development and Resident and Community Services Divisions.
CEDC seeks experienced, highly motivated, self-starters to assume a part-time Resident Manager position in Santa Paula, CA. The Regional Property Supervisor will supervise this position. The Property Management Director supervises the overall operations and staff within the Property Management Division. IT IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THE RESIDENT MANAGER TO LIVE ON SITE.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for day-to-day property management operations and the tax credit compliance management of a 35-unit affordable housing community.
• Supervising on-site maintenance staff and projects to preserve and upkeep the property condition according to owners, partners and investors’ expectations and goals.
• Retaining resident files and conducting income certifications according to program guidelines.
• Maintaining resident and applicant relations in compliance with Occupancy and Fair Housing guidelines.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monitoring to keep expenses within the approved budget.
• Reviewing monthly financial reports and preparing monthly variance notes to track expenses and to ensure financial health of the property.
• Marketing and leasing vacancies to maintain a 100% occupancy rate.
• Rent collections, bank deposits, weekly and monthly reports.
• Application process, move-ins, move-outs, annual tax credit recertification, and other compliance related duties in accordance with governing tax credit program regulations.
• Review, update and maintain a waiting list for the affordable apartments.
• Conduct daily walk-through of the property and conduct bi-annual unit inspections and prepare inspection reports.
• Responsible for the daily upkeep and appearance of the property and timely completion of maintenance work order requests by Maintenance Technicians, including maintenance of work order files.
• Supervision of maintenance work performed by staff and outside vendors.
• Prepare Purchase Orders for purchase of supplies for maintenance repairs and other incidentals and maintain purchase orders file.
• Responsible for handling petty cash fund.
• Provide monthly reports to the Property Management Director in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Participate in evening and weekend community building activities with the residents which include Resident Council meetings at the property and occasional City Council meetings.
• Enforce all company rules, policies and procedures which govern the property.
• Accept after-hours phone calls from residents for emergency maintenance service requests.
• Responsible for overall security of property.
• Attend necessary training seminars and workshops.
• Work with staff, resident leaders, Property Supervisor, Director of Property Management and Resident and Community Services. to develop annual community building goals and monitor progress on established goals.
• Other duties as assigned by the Property Supervisor or Property Management Director.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience in managing affordable properties with Tax Credit Program and reporting. Highly qualified candidates will also have experience with project based Section 8 Voucher programs, as well as HOME Program requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent certificate.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Tax credit compliance and reporting training.
• Experience with Yardi software is a plus.
• Sufficient computer proficiency to produce correspondence, reports, flyers, etc.
• Familiarity with Fair Housing Laws and California Landlord and Tenant Law.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi task and detail orientated in a high pace working environment while maintaining a high quality customer service to the residents, vendors and owners/investors.
• Able to travel to attend property management and community building training.
A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.