Property Management Bookkeeper
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) develops and manages service enriched, inclusive residential communities, ensuring access to affordable, secure, quality housing that creates the foundation for our residents to grow and thrive.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,137 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $6,750,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Perform full service accounting, including accounts payable, bank account reconciliations, processing of cash receipts and cash disbursements, and audit schedules for CEDC’s property management portfolio. Provide reports including monthly and quarterly property financial reports for PM Accounting Supervisor as needed. Assist with other accounting projects including tasks related to preparation of monthly and annual reporting requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Process payments/checks with support back-up and approvals.
• Maintain A/P files (invoices, checks, etc.)
• Assists with maintaining vendor files including contracts, W-9’s and insurance.
• Maintain A/R files (revenue receipts, etc.).
• Maintain all HAP Change notices and perform changes in Yardi software.
• Entry of all HAP deposits, including USDA.
• Monthly journal entries as needed, including reconciliation of all escrow accounts.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Back-up CEDC Accounting staff (as needed).
• Audit work papers (with direction from CFO & PM Accounting Supervisor).
• Enter property budgets into accounting software annually.
• Other duties as per the direction of the PM Accounting Supervisor.
• Annual Welfare Exemptions and other annual reporting as needed.
• High School Degree or GED
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• At least 2 years of accounting experience in a non-profit or public corporation
• Intermediate MS offices skills
• Ability to work independently
• Working knowledge of financial software programs
• Ability to take initiative in problem solving
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• Familiarity with nonprofit, multi-funded organization desirable.
• Familiarity with property management desirable.
• Experience with Yardi software highly desirable.
• Knowledge of low-income funding compliance conditions desirable.
• Computer proficient.
• Sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income people and possess a commitment to affordable housing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to sufficient experience, training, and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.